Aurora Forecast 3D is a unique and innovative app that allows you to view the aurora borealis in 3D. With this app, you can track the aurora borealis in real-time and view it from any location in the world. Additionally, Aurora Forecast 3D provides up-to-date information on the aurora borealis, including its location, intensity, and forecast. If you’re interested in the aurora borealis or want to learn more about it, Aurora Forecast 3D is the perfect app for you.
The latest Aurora Forecast 3D for PC has come up with a few updates that are better than the previous version. Want to know those? Here are they:
Aurora Forecast 3D Andorid App Summary
Fred Sigernes has developed the Aurora Forecast 3D for Android. You can find it under the Weather category on Play Store. Since its inception, Aurora Forecast 3D has got over 74220+ users on board. For the user rating, it is currently holding a 4.7 rating and the latest version of it is 8.4
The latest update of Aurora Forecast 3D is Jun 9, 2022 for phones. You can’t use it on your PC directly. So, you have to use an Android emulator like BlueStacks Emulator, Memu Emulator, Nox Player Emulator, etc.
No worries, we will discuss the methods to run it on your computer using the emulators whether you use a PC or Mac. Follow the methods we’ve discussed below.
Aurora Forecast 3D App Overview and Details
The Aurora Forecast 3D is a tool to track down where the aurora is located in the sky from any location on planet. It renders Earth in 3D with rotation and scaling at your fingertips. You can select locations and make your own ground – station list. The Sun illuminates the globe as it updates in near real-time. The short term forecasts are up to +6 hours, while the long term forecasts are up to 3 days ahead in time. They are updated when the app is active and connected to internet.
An Aurora Compass is included that shows where the auroral oval [1,2], the Moon and the Sun are located as you look up at the sky from your location. The phase and age of the Moon is also visualized in the compass. By zooming out in the 3D view port, satellites, stars and planets appear in their orbits  around the Sun.
– 3D view port of Earth.
– Solar illumination of the Earth and the Moon.
– Aurora oval size and location in real time.
– Day side location of the red Cusp.
– Forecasts based on predicted Kp index estimated by the Space Weather Prediction Centre (NOAA-SWPC).
– Includes a 2.4 million star map .
– City light texture .
– Earth, Sun and Moon textures [6,7].
– Sky view module to track planets and stars .
– 3-day space weather condition forecast as news ticker.
– Two-Line Element (TLE) satellite orbit calculations .
– Skyview navigation.
– 3D Laser Star pointer to identify star signs.
– Sounding rocket trajectories.
– Sun and Moon daily elevation plots with rise and set time.
– Epoch selection for magnetic pole position 
– Ovals based on polar orbiting satellites data 
– Target web links added to satellites, stars, planets and position.
– All-sky camera links to the Boreal Aurora Camera Constellation (BACC).
– Sky color animation [12,13].
– Zhang and Paxton ovals added 
– Geomagnetic storm push notifications.
– Youtube demonstration.
 Sigernes F., M. Dyrland, P. Brekke, S. Chernouss, D.A. Lorentzen, K. Oksavik, and C.S. Deehr, Two methods to forecast auroral displays, Journal of Space Weather and Space Climate (SWSC), Vol. 1, No. 1, A03, DOI:10.1051/swsc/2011003, 2011.
 Starkov G. V., Mathematical model of the auroral boundaries, Geomagnetism and Aeronomy, 34 (3), 331-336, 1994.
 P. Schlyter, How to compute planetary positions, http://stjarnhimlen.se/, Stockholm, Sweden.
 Bridgman, T. and Wright, E., The Tycho Catalog Sky map- Version 2.0, NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center Scientific Visualization Studio, http://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/3572, January 26, 2009.
 The Visible Earth catalog, http://visibleearth.nasa.gov/, NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center, April-October, 2012.
 T. Patterson, Natural Earth III – Texture Maps, http://www.shadedrelief.com, October 1, 2016.
 Nexus – Planet Textures, http://www.solarsystemscope.com/nexus/, January 4, 2013.
 Hoffleit, D. and Warren, Jr., W.H., The Bright Star Catalog, 5th Revised Edition (Preliminary Version), Astronomical Data Center, NSSDC/ADC, 1991.
 Vallado, David A., Paul Crawford, Richard Hujsak, and T.S. Kelso, Revisiting Spacetrack Report #3, AIAA/AAS-2006-6753, https://celestrak.com, 2006.
 Tsyganenko, N.A., Secular drift of the auroral ovals: How fast do they actually move?, Geophysical Research Letters, 46, 3017-3023, 2019.
 M. J. Breedveld, Predicting the Auroral Oval Boundaries by Means of Polar Operational Environmental Satellite Particle Precipitation Data, Master thesis, Department of Physics and Technology, Faculty of Science and Technology, The Arctic University of Norway, June 2020.
 Perez, R., J,M. Seals and B. Smith, An all-weather model for sky illuminance distribution, Solar Energy, 1993.
 Preetham, A.J, P. Shirley and B. Smith, A practical model for daylight Computer Graphics, (SIGGRAPH 99 Proceedings), 91-100, 1999.
 Zhang Y., and L. J. Paxton, An empirical Kp-dependent global auroral model based on TIMED/GUVI data, J. Atm. Solar-Terr. Phys., 70, 1231-1242, 2008.
Features of Aurora Forecast 3D for PC
Lorentzen, A. Pedersen, Ø. Strand, and T. Tenfjord, “Auroral oval mapping from ground-based all-sky cameras: A review,” Journal of Space Weather and Space Climate, vol. 5, no. A10, Oct. 2015.
 Zhang, Q. and P. Paxton, “Auroral Oval Modeling Using an Inversion Technique from All-Sky Camera Images,” Journal of Geophysical Research: Space Physics, vol. 122, no. 10, Oct. 2017.
Install “Aurora Forecast 3D” on PC: Windows 10/8/7 & Mac
Installing Aurora Forecast 3D on your PC won’t seem a big deal as it’s now, but only if you use NOX app player on your computer. It’s one of the most popular Android emulators you can use today. Let’s get you through the process of how to install Aurora Forecast 3D on your PC using NOX:
- First off, you need to download the NOX player on your computer from here and install it by double clicking the installer.
- The installation will take a few minutes depending on how fast your PC is. Then, click on launch and run the emulator.
- Inside the emulator, you can see the Google Play store icon on the top right corner area. Click on it.
- Play store will ask you to log into your account. Here, use your Google email and password to log in.
- Then, you can see the play store interface. On the search bar, you need to type Aurora Forecast 3D and hit enter to search for it.
- Once the results come up, you can see the Aurora Forecast 3D as the first result. Hit install under this result and it will download and install on your PC.
- After installation, you can launch the app from the shortcut button or directly from the Play store form the Open button.
|App Name:||Aurora Forecast 3D On Your PC|
|Devoloper Name:||Fred Sigernes|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Updated on:||Jun 9, 2022|
|Get it On:|
Whats New In this Aurora Forecast 3D?
Location sensor only active on ‘My location’ in order to not train battery.
Aurora Forecast 3D is an amazing application that allows users to view the aurora borealis in 3D. The application is easy to use and provides accurate information on the forecast for the aurora borealis. I highly recommend this application to anyone who is interested in viewing the aurora borealis.
So, did you find the guide on how to download the Aurora Forecast 3D for PC above? If you did, or if you have any questions regarding it, do comment and let us know. We’re here to help.
We refer the ownership of This Aurora Forecast 3D to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Aurora Forecast 3D and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at narechk, we also don’t use our own server to download the Aurora Forecast 3D. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Aurora Forecast 3D.
If you have any query about the app or about narechk, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.