CellMapper is an online platform that enables users to create and share maps of cellular networks in their area. It is designed to help users visualize and analyze the cellular coverage in their area.
The latest CellMapper for PC has come up with a few updates that are better than the previous version. Want to know those? Here are they:
CellMapper Andorid App Summary
CellMapper.net has developed the CellMapper for Android. You can find it under the Tools category on Play Store. Since its inception, CellMapper has got over 729858+ users on board. For the user rating, it is currently holding a 2.8 rating and the latest version of it is 5.5.4
The latest update of CellMapper is Apr 22, 2022 for phones. You can’t use it on your PC directly. So, you have to use an Android emulator like BlueStacks Emulator, Memu Emulator, Nox Player Emulator, etc.
No worries, we will discuss the methods to run it on your computer using the emulators whether you use a PC or Mac. Follow the methods we’ve discussed below.
CellMapper App Overview and Details
CellMapper displays advanced 2G/3G/4G/5G (NSA and SA) cellular network information and can also record this data to allow you to contribute to our crowd-sourced coverage maps.
CellMapper works on both tablets and phones running Android 4.0 or higher.
– Displays low level cellular network information data along with frequency band calculations (for some providers)
– Reads cellular frequencies and bandwidths on supported Android 7.0+ devices
– Displays a map of both coverage and individual tower sector coverage and bands
– Supports Dual SIMs devices
– Frequency calculator (GSM, iDEN, CDMA, UMTS, LTE, and NR)
Note: The data on the site and within the app is generated shortly after it is uploaded, it may take up to a few days to appear.
Currently supported networks:
Visit and follow us:
Visit our our website cellmapper.net.
Why does CellMapper need so many permissions?
“make and manage phone calls” – This is required to get low level network data from your device
“access to device location” – In order to map and contribute, we will need to know where the data was recorded from your device.
Older versions of Android:
android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION – To get CellID information
android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION – To get GPS location
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE – To get Cellular network information
android.permission.INTERNET – To connect to server to download map data / upload data
android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE – To write external CSV file if no internet connection
android.permission.READ_LOGS – To read Samsung Field Test Mode data on Android 4.1 and earlier (despite what the dialog says, the app cannot read your browsing history unless your browser write it to the system log)
android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE – To read info about airplane mode / network settings
android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED – To start at boot time (if enabled)
android.permission.VIBRATE – To vibrate on CellID change (if enabled)
android.permission.WAKE_LOCK – For phones that do not support 4.2+ CellID Support, to ensure they report correct data
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE – To write external CSV file and debug report
Features of CellMapper for PC
Install “CellMapper” on PC: Windows 10/8/7 & Mac
Installing CellMapper on your PC won’t seem a big deal as it’s now, but only if you use NOX app player on your computer. It’s one of the most popular Android emulators you can use today. Let’s get you through the process of how to install CellMapper on your PC using NOX:
- First off, you need to download the NOX player on your computer from here and install it by double clicking the installer.
- The installation will take a few minutes depending on how fast your PC is. Then, click on launch and run the emulator.
- Inside the emulator, you can see the Google Play store icon on the top right corner area. Click on it.
- Play store will ask you to log into your account. Here, use your Google email and password to log in.
- Then, you can see the play store interface. On the search bar, you need to type CellMapper and hit enter to search for it.
- Once the results come up, you can see the CellMapper as the first result. Hit install under this result and it will download and install on your PC.
- After installation, you can launch the app from the shortcut button or directly from the Play store form the Open button.
|App Name:||CellMapper On Your PC|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Updated on:||Apr 22, 2022|
|Get it On:|
Whats New In this CellMapper?
– Fixed ads showing for some premium users
– Added option to record data with ARFCN data only
– Fixed NR data stops recording on some devices
– Fixed n40 NR band not showing on some providers
– Fixed n78 showing instead of n77 on some providers
CellMapper is a powerful application that allows users to map their cell phone signal. The application is easy to use and provides users with a detailed map of their cell phone signal.
So, did you find the guide on how to download the CellMapper for PC above? If you did, or if you have any questions regarding it, do comment and let us know. We’re here to help.
We refer the ownership of This CellMapper to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for CellMapper and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at narechk, we also don’t use our own server to download the CellMapper. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the CellMapper.
If you have any query about the app or about narechk, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.