DD-WRT Companion is an app that allows you to manage your DD-WRT router from your Android device. With DD-WRT Companion, you can monitor your network traffic, change your router’s settings, and more.
We will help you download the DD-WRT Companion for PC and install it fast. But you must know the technical specifications of it before that. Here are they:
Download & Install DD-WRT Companion on PC: Windows 11/10/8/7
You want to download and install DD-WRT Companion on your computer, but how do you do that? Well, BlueStacks android emulator can help you install and use it just like you do on your Android phone. Here are the steps you’ll have to go through:
- Download the BlueStacks emulator now; you’ll find it in your download folder where you can install it from.
- Double click on the file and it will ask for your administrative permission. Agree to that and be sure to uncheck unwanted apps that it comes with.
- Now, finish up the installation by opening the BlueStacks emulator. You’ll see Google Play Store is here.
- Log into your account with your Gmail email pass then search for DD-WRT Companion on the search bar on top.
- Now you will see the installation options from the search results. It won’t take long to install the app from start to finish.
- After that, you can just use the DD-WRT Companion as you do on your android phone or tablet, but with a bigger screen.
|App Name:||DD-WRT Companion On Your PC|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Updated on:||Mar 2, 2020|
|Get it On:|
DD-WRT Companion Andorid App Summary
LemraS is the developer of the DD-WRT Companion, and they have the app under the Productivity of Google Play Store. The latest version of the DD-WRT Companion from them is 13.0.0-2/95ec776a-google with over 9723 users under the hood. With a 4.5 rating, the DD-WRT Companion is clearly a popular choice for users for the job it does.
Latest update date of the DD-WRT Companion is Mar 2, 2020, so you’ll find the latest features. However, you can’t just use the app directly on a computer, you need to use an Emulator to do so. Our recommendations for emulators are BlueStacks, Nox Player, and Memu Emulator.
Do you need a guide to download and install the DD-WRT Companion on your computer using an emulator? This article is all about helping you do just that! Stick to the guide below.
DD-WRT Companion App Overview and Details
DD-WRT is a Linux based alternative OpenSource firmware suitable for a great variety of wireless (WLAN) routers and embedded systems.
Had you ever tried to use the DD-WRT web interface on an Android device, you should have noticed how impractical it is to navigate with.
This app lets you monitor and manage your DD-WRT routers on the go. Anytime. Anywhere.
Management features are being added progressively.
This app requires Secure SHell (SSH) to be enabled (and working!) on the router (and maybe external access if your router is behind a NAT network).
See the support website for instructions on how to setup your router(s): http://help.ddwrt-companion.rm3l.org
DD-WRT Companion supports both private key and password-based SSH authentication methods. We do recommend you leverage strong public-private key authentication for SSH access.
• Material Design UI, with Dark and Light themes
• Can handle multiple routers, each with different set of settings
• It supports both private key and password-based SSH authentication methods. Of course, such sensitive info is encrypted locally and never ever leave your mobile device.
• PIN protection
• Home Screen Widgets
• Access Restrictions (Parental Control)
• Speed Testing
• WAN connection status + Network Topology Map
• Traffic monitoring + sharing with detailed daily breakdown
→ Backup (as RAW or CSV) and Restore WAN Monthly Traffic Data
• List of hosts connected
→ Notifications – can also show up on wearable devices like smartwatches
→ View details on the network card manufacturer
→ Monitor Active IP Connections (overall and per-client)
→ Distribution Pie charts: view top hosts (destination IPs with the most active connections, or local hosts with the most active connections)
→ View name, IP and MAC addresses, Last Seen date, download/upload rates, total download/upload bandwidth usage, wireless network name, …
→ View RSSI, Signal Strength and SNR for wireless clients
→ Various sorting and filters options
→ Monitor WAN (Internet) Realtime Traffic for each connected host, with the ability to disable or enable WAN Access with the click of a finger
→ Set local aliases, so you won’t always have to remember which MAC Address belongs to which user/device
• Wake on LAN (WOL) support
• Syslog stream output, with keyword lookup and sorting capability
• Ability to set per-router preferences (sync interval, theme, …)
• OpenVPN logs, with keyword lookup
• OpenVPN Client settings editing: for example, you can change the target VPN server
• Wireless Networks QR-Codes preview and sharing: you now no longer need to share your WiFi password to your guests. Just share the generated QR Code and they can connect instantly (provided they use a compatible QR Code scanner app)
• NVRAM variables listing, editing and sharing
• Actions on Router: reboot, hard-reset to default, backup / restore
• Toolbox utilities for your Router for troubleshooting potential issues: state-of-the-art network diagnostics tools (e.g., ping, traceroute, nslookup, …) are included
• Commands: issue any commands to your router, remotely, and retrieve the output
• Home Screen Widgets
Please note that this app is not affiliated to the official DD-WRT project.
For details on which permissions we request and why, please see: https://help.ddwrt-companion.app/android/permissions.html
→ Some DD-WRT builds (such as r21061) reportedly have SSH connection issues. The issue is with the SSH server itself, not with this app.
If the app cannot connect to your Router, first ensure you can SSH into your Router from a computer, using the same credentials you provided to the app.
Feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] for any inquiries.
Support Pages: https://help.ddwrt-companion.app
Features of DD-WRT Companion for PC
Drill down to see more details about a specific host
1. Material Design UI
2. Multiple router support
3. Private key and password-based SSH authentication methods
4. PIN protection
5. Home screen widgets
6. Access restrictions (parental control)
7. Speed testing
8. WAN connection status
9. Network topology map
10. Traffic monitoring and sharing
Whats New In this DD-WRT Companion?
Enhancements and Bug Fixes:
Bug, reliability & performance fixes:
– Fixed issue with unhealthy speed test servers
DD-WRT Companion is a handy application that allows you to manage your DD-WRT router from your Android device. It provides an easy-to-use interface, allows you to monitor your network traffic, and provides tools to help you optimize your network. Overall, DD-WRT Companion is a useful tool for managing your DD-WRT router and improving your network performance.
That’s it! We hope that the guide above has been a help for you to install it on your computer. Need to know more about the emulator or the DD-WRT Companion? Let us know!
We refer the ownership of This DD-WRT Companion to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for DD-WRT Companion and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at narechk, we also don’t use our own server to download the DD-WRT Companion. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the DD-WRT Companion.
If you have any query about the app or about narechk, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.