The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) is a comprehensive dictionary of the English language. It is the standard reference work for English language etymology, and is widely used by scholars and students of the language. The OED is published by Oxford University Press, and is available in both print and online editions.
The OED began as a small project in 1857, under the direction of James Murray. The first edition was published in 1884, and the OED has been updated and expanded regularly since then. The current edition of the OED includes over 600,000 words, and covers words from across the English-speaking world.
The OED is based on a historical linguistic approach to English etymology. This means
The technical specifications of the Oxford English Etymology for PC are the ones that set it apart and why it’s so popular. Go through those from this section:
Oxford English Etymology Andorid App Summary
Oxford English Etymology was developed by MobiSystems and they’ve done a good job keeping it highly user friendly. You can download Oxford English Etymology from Google Play Store under the Books & Reference category. The latest version of Oxford English Etymology is 11.1.544 on Play store with total users of 58251. The Oxford English Etymology app has a user rating of 3.5 which is impressive.
The latest update date of the Oxford English Etymology is Dec 3, 2019. Although it’s easy to install it on Android, it’s not that easy to do so on PC. You need to use an emulator to do so. The most popular emulators would be NOX player, BlueStacks, and Memu Emulator to install it on PC.
We will talk about how to install and use the Oxford English Etymology on your computer using the emulators. The step-by-step guides below will help you do so.
Download & Install Oxford English Etymology For PC: Windows 10/8/7
Installing the Oxford English Etymology using NOX player is a fairly simple process. Using this emulator is a great way to use any Android app on a PC. Here are the steps you’ll have to follow to install the Oxford English Etymology on your PC:
- Download the Nox player emulator on your computer and install it by double-clicking the installation file from download folder.
- It will take a few minutes to install on your PC. The time will depend on the specs of your computer. The higher the specs, the faster the installation.
- Once installed, you’ll see the Play store icon on the top right corner area of NOX Player emulator.
- Open the Play store app, and log into your google account. Then, you’ll see the familiar interface you see on your phone.
- Click on the search bar, and search for Oxford English Etymology here. You’ll see it on the search result page in the first position.
- Choose the first result and click on the Install button on screen. This will start downloading the app on your computer.
- As it’s now installed on your PC, no problem running it. You can launch the app from the NOX player homepage or your Desktop.
|App Name:||Oxford English Etymology On Your PC|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Category:||Books & Reference|
|Updated on:||Dec 3, 2019|
|Get it On:|
Features of Oxford English Etymology for PC
functional 30-day trial version***
– Look up words by autocomplete
– Look up words by keyword lookup
– Look up words by camera search
– Look up words by voice search
– Look up words by sharing definitions
– Create custom folders of favorite words
– Review recently looked-up words
– Get a word of the day to expand your vocabulary daily
– Check split screen support for Android 7
Oxford English Etymology App Overview and Details
Based on the Oxford Dictionary of English Etymology, the principal authority on the origin and development of English words, The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Etymology contains a wealth of information about the English language and its history.
Find out where the words bungalow and assassin came from, what nice meant in the Middle Ages and much more. Now with the addition of a convenient Home page, a sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches you can delve right in faster and easier than ever!
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems, Inc.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Intelligent search integrates several tools to match or suggest what you are looking for:
• Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
• An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ (‘*’ or ‘?’) to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
• Use our Voice search when you don’t know how an entry is spelled
• Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
• ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
• ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
• ‘Word of the day’ section to expand your vocabulary daily
• Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
• Split screen support for Android 7 allowing you to use dictionary together with other apps
***This is a fully functional 30-day trial version***
Get MORE by purchasing the full version of the Concise Oxford Dictionary of Etymology:
• Permanently unlock the complete features list
• Offline mode – look up words without an internet connection
• Premium Support – Get expedited support for any app-related issues
Whats New In this Oxford English Etymology?
• Dark Theme
• New Help Center
• Offline mode feature
• Faster start up
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
The Oxford English Etymology application is an excellent tool for learning about the origins of English words. The app is easy to use and provides a wealth of information. I highly recommend this app to anyone interested in learning more about the English language.
Following the steps above is all you need to do if you want to succeed installing the Oxford English Etymology on your PC. If you have more queries about anything, do let us know.
We refer the ownership of This Oxford English Etymology to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Oxford English Etymology and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at narechk, we also don’t use our own server to download the Oxford English Etymology. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Oxford English Etymology.
If you have any query about the app or about narechk, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.