The Gospel of Mary Magdalene is a Gnostic gospel that was discovered in the 1945 Cairo Gnostic Codex. The gospel is named after the apostle and follower of Jesus Christ, Mary Magdalene. The gospel is one of the few surviving texts that focus on the role of a woman in the early Christian church. The gospel is also one of the few texts that focus on the spiritual teachings of Jesus Christ that were not included in the Bible.
The technical specifications of the Gospel Of Mary Magdalene for PC are the ones that set it apart and why it’s so popular. Go through those from this section:
Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Andorid App Summary
Gospel Of Mary Magdalene was developed by Spirit Apps and they’ve done a good job keeping it highly user friendly. You can download Gospel Of Mary Magdalene from Google Play Store under the Books & Reference category. The latest version of Gospel Of Mary Magdalene is 2.1 on Play store with total users of 46357. The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene app has a user rating of 4.0 which is impressive.
The latest update date of the Gospel Of Mary Magdalene is Jun 15, 2018. Although it’s easy to install it on Android, it’s not that easy to do so on PC. You need to use an emulator to do so. The most popular emulators would be NOX player, BlueStacks, and Memu Emulator to install it on PC.
We will talk about how to install and use the Gospel Of Mary Magdalene on your computer using the emulators. The step-by-step guides below will help you do so.
Download & Install Gospel Of Mary Magdalene For PC: Windows 10/8/7
Getting the Gospel Of Mary Magdalene installed on your PC can be super easy if you use the NOX player. It’s one of the most popular Android emulators for both PC and Mac. Just use the steps below to download the Gospel Of Mary Magdalene and use it on your PC:
- First off, you need to download the NOX player emulator. Go ahead and do that. You’ll find the installation file in your download folder
- Now, install it on your computer by double clicking the installer. It will take a few minutes if you have a fast computer.
- Once installed, you’re ready to get the Gospel Of Mary Magdalene on your PC. Just locate the Play store app in the NOX homepage and log into your Google account.
- Search for the Gospel Of Mary Magdalene in the search bar of Play store and install it from there. You’ll get a quick launching icon on the NOX homepage after that.
- Click the icon at any time, and you’ll be able to use the Gospel Of Mary Magdalene on your computer every time you open NOX player.
|App Name:||Gospel Of Mary Magdalene On Your PC|
|Devoloper Name:||Spirit Apps|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Category:||Books & Reference|
|Updated on:||Jun 15, 2018|
|Get it On:|
Gospel Of Mary Magdalene App Overview and Details
The Gospel of Mary is found in the Berlin Gnostic Codex (or Papyrus Berolinensis 8502, as this ancient collection of Gnostic texts is labeled for archival reasons). This very important and well-preserved codex was apparently discovered in the late-nineteenth century somewhere near Akhmim in upper Egypt. It was purchased in 1896 by a German scholar, Dr. Carl Reinhardt, in Cairo and then taken to Berlin.
The book (or “codex”, as these ancient books are called) was probably copied and bound in the late fourth or early fifth century. It contains Coptic translations of three very important early Christian Gnostic texts: the Gospel of Mary, the Apocryphon of John, and the Sophia of Jesus Christ. The texts themselves date to the second century and were originally authored in Greek. (In academic writing over the last century, this codex is variably and confusingly referenced by scholars as the “Berlin Gnostic Codex”, the “Akhmim Codex”, PB 8502, and BG 8502).
Despite the importance of the discovery of this ancient collection of Gnostic scriptures, several misfortunes including two world wars delayed its publication until 1955. By then the large Nag Hammadi collection of ancient Gnostic writings had also been recovered. It was found that copies of two of the texts in this codex — the Apocryphon of John, and the Sophia of Jesus Christ — had also been preserved in the Nag Hammadi collection. The texts from the Berlin Gnostic Codex were used to aid and augment translations of the Apocryphon of John and the Sophia of Jesus Christ as they now are published in Nag Hammadi Library.
But more importantly, the codex preserves the most complete surviving fragment of the Gospel of Mary (as the text is named in the manuscript, though it is clear this named Mary is the person we call Mary of Magdala). Two other small fragments of the Gospel of Mary from separate Greek editions were later unearthed in archaeological excavations at Oxyrhynchus in lower Egypt. (Fragments of the Gospel of Thomas were also found at this ancient site; see the Oxyrhynchus and Gospel of Thomas page for more information about Oxyrhynchus.) Finding three fragments of a text of this antiquity is extremely unusual, and it is thus evidenced that the Gospel of Mary was well distributed in early Christian times and existed in both an original Greek and a Coptic language translation.
Unfortunately the surviving manuscript of the Gospel of Mary is missing pages 1 to 6 and pages 11 to 14 — pages that included sections of the text up to chapter 4, and portions of chapter 5 to 8. The extant text of the Gospel of Mary, as found in the Berlin Gnostic Codex, is presented below. The manuscript text begins on page 7, in the middle of a passage.
* Fullscreen mode.
* Full version of the Gospel of Mary in English translation.
* Easy and simple to use layout with page animations.
* Choose from a wide variety of customisable themes.
* Small lightweight size.
* Contains advertisements, see non-free version for no ads.
Features of Gospel Of Mary Magdalene for PC
Gospel of Mary are also included in the Nag Hammadi Library.)
1. The Gospel of Mary is found in the Berlin Gnostic Codex.
2. The codex was probably copied and bound in the late fourth or early fifth century.
3. The codex contains Coptic translations of three very important early Christian Gnostic texts.
4. The texts themselves date to the second century.
5. The codex was discovered in the late-nineteenth century.
6. The codex was purchased in 1896 by a German scholar.
7. The codex was taken to Berlin.
8. The Nag Hammadi collection of ancient Gnostic writings was discovered in the same time period.
9. The texts from the Berlin Gnostic Codex were used to aid and augment translations of the Apocryphon of John and the Sophia of Jesus Christ as they now are published in Nag Hammadi Library.
10. The Gospel of Mary is preserved in the most complete surviving fragment in the codex.
Whats New In this Gospel Of Mary Magdalene?
Final Upload and Build 1.0
The Gospel of Mary Magdalene is a Gnostic gospel that tells the story of Mary Magdalene, who is considered to be a disciple of Jesus. The gospel is thought to have been written between the second and fourth centuries, and it is one of the few surviving Gnostic texts. The gospel contains a number of teachings from Mary Magdalene, and it offers a unique perspective on the life and teachings of Jesus.
Following the steps above is all you need to do if you want to succeed installing the Gospel Of Mary Magdalene on your PC. If you have more queries about anything, do let us know.
We refer the ownership of This Gospel Of Mary Magdalene to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Gospel Of Mary Magdalene and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at narechk, we also don’t use our own server to download the Gospel Of Mary Magdalene. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Gospel Of Mary Magdalene.
If you have any query about the app or about narechk, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.