A GPS waypoint is a specific location on Earth that can be identified by latitude and longitude coordinates. Waypoints can be used for a variety of purposes, including navigation, tracking, and geocaching. Creating a waypoint is simple – all you need is the latitude and longitude for the desired location. Waypoints can be stored in a variety of formats, including GPX, KML, and CSV.
The technical specifications of the GPS Waypoints for PC are the ones that set it apart and why it’s so popular. Go through those from this section:
GPS Waypoints Andorid App Summary
GPS Waypoints was developed by Bluecover Technologies and they’ve done a good job keeping it highly user friendly. You can download GPS Waypoints from Google Play Store under the Tools category. The latest version of GPS Waypoints is 3.8 on Play store with total users of 323206. The GPS Waypoints app has a user rating of 3.6 which is impressive.
The latest update date of the GPS Waypoints is Aug 18, 2022. Although it’s easy to install it on Android, it’s not that easy to do so on PC. You need to use an emulator to do so. The most popular emulators would be NOX player, BlueStacks, and Memu Emulator to install it on PC.
We will talk about how to install and use the GPS Waypoints on your computer using the emulators. The step-by-step guides below will help you do so.
Download & Install GPS Waypoints For PC: Windows 10/8/7
Getting the GPS Waypoints installed on your PC can be super easy if you use the NOX player. It’s one of the most popular Android emulators for both PC and Mac. Just use the steps below to download the GPS Waypoints and use it on your PC:
- First off, you need to download the NOX player emulator. Go ahead and do that. You’ll find the installation file in your download folder
- Now, install it on your computer by double clicking the installer. It will take a few minutes if you have a fast computer.
- Once installed, you’re ready to get the GPS Waypoints on your PC. Just locate the Play store app in the NOX homepage and log into your Google account.
- Search for the GPS Waypoints in the search bar of Play store and install it from there. You’ll get a quick launching icon on the NOX homepage after that.
- Click the icon at any time, and you’ll be able to use the GPS Waypoints on your computer every time you open NOX player.
|App Name:||GPS Waypoints On Your PC|
|Devoloper Name:||Bluecover Technologies|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Updated on:||Aug 18, 2022|
|Get it On:|
GPS Waypoints App Overview and Details
Multi-purpose mapping and surveying tool for both professional and personal use. The tool is valuable in several professional land-based surveying activities, including agriculture, forest management, infrastructure maintenance (e.g. roads and electrical networks), urban planning & real estate and emergencies mapping. It is also used for personal outdoor activities, such as hiking, running, walking, travelling and geocaching.
The application collects Points (such as points of interest) and Paths (sequence of points) to perform mapping and surveying activities. The Points, that are acquired with accuracy information, can be classified by the user with specific tags or characterized with photos. The Paths are created as a temporal sequence of newly acquired Points (e.g. to record a track) or alternatively with existing Points (e.g to create a route). Paths allows to measure distances and, if closed, forms Polygons that allows the determination of areas and perimeters. Both Points and Paths can be exported to a KML, GPX and CSV file and thus be processed externally with a geospatial tool.
The application uses the internal GPS receiver from the mobile device (typically with accuracies >3m) or, alternatively, allows professional users attaining better accuracies with a Bluetooth external GNSS receiver compatible with NMEA stream format (e.g. RTK receivers with centimeter level precision). See below some examples of the external receivers supported.
The application includes the following features:
– Acquire current position with accuracy and navigation information;
– Provide details of the active and visible satellites (GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BEIDOU and other);
– Create Points with accuracy information, classify them with Tags, attach photos and convert coordinates into a human-readable address (reverse geocoding);
– Import Points from geographic coordinates (lat, long) or by searching for a street address/point of interest (geocoding);
– Create Paths by acquiring sequences of points manually or automatically;
– Import Paths from existing Points;
– Create survey’s themes with custom Tags for classifing Points and Paths
– Get directions and distances from current position to Points and Paths using a magnetic or gps compass;
– Export Points and Paths to KML and GPX file format;
– Share data with other applications (e.g. Dropbox/Google Drive);
– Configure positioning source for the internal receiver or using an external receiver.
The Premium subscription include the following professional features:
– Backup and restore user’s data (it also allows transfer data from one handset to another);
– Export Waypoints and Paths to CSV file format;
– Export Waypoints with photos to KMZ file
– Import multiple Points and Paths from CSV and GPX files;
– Sort and filter Points and Paths by creation time, name and proximity;
– Satellite signal analysis and interferences detection.
The Maps feature is an extra paid funcionality that allows selecting and visualizing your Points, Paths and Polygons on Open Street Maps.
Additionally to the internal mobile receiver, the current version is known to work with the following external receivers: Bad Elf GNSS Surveyor; Garmin Glo; Navilock BT-821G; Qstarz BT-Q818XT; Trimple R1; ublox F9P.
If you successfully tested the application with another external receiver please provide us your feedback as a user or manufacturer in order to extend this list.
For further information check our site (https://www.bluecover.pt/gps-waypoints) and get the details of our complete offer:
– Free and Premium features (https://www.bluecover.pt/gps-waypoints/features)
– GISUY Receivers (https://www.bluecover.pt/gisuy-gnss-receiver/)
– Enterprise (https://www.bluecover.pt/gps-waypoints/enterprise-version/)
Features of GPS Waypoints for PC
sequence of Points or by converting a track recorded by the internal GPS;
– Measure distances and perimeters on Paths;
– Export Points, Paths and Polygons to KML, GPX, CSV file formats;
– Retrieve information about Points and Paths and open in external geospatial tools;
– Share Points, Paths and Polygons on social networks and by email.
Whats New In this GPS Waypoints?
– Open directly GPX and KMZ files to Import waypoints
– Minor fixes on resuming waypoints’ view
– Various import improvements with GPX and KML files
– Import KML path and polygons and GPX waypoints routes
– Import KMZ waypoints
– Maps and Export to KML with colored pins by tag and accuracy
– Backup and restore photos (Premium)
– Accuracy estimation and altitude improvements
-Fixes on location services, internal GNSS receiver and USB permissions
The GPS Waypoints application is an excellent tool for navigation. It allows users to store and manage waypoints, as well as track their current location. The app is easy to use and provides a wealth of information. It is a great tool for hikers, campers, and boaters.
Following the steps above is all you need to do if you want to succeed installing the GPS Waypoints on your PC. If you have more queries about anything, do let us know.
We refer the ownership of This GPS Waypoints to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for GPS Waypoints and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at narechk, we also don’t use our own server to download the GPS Waypoints. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the GPS Waypoints.
If you have any query about the app or about narechk, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.